We provide three levels of professional membership: Associate, Chartered Member and Chartered Fellow.
Becoming a professional member of the CIPD will:
- Allow you to use the designation Assoc CIPD, Chartered MCIPD or Chartered FCIPD after your name.
- Inspire confidence in employers, clients and peers.
- Recognise your knowledge and experience.
- Enhance your career prospects and earning potential.
- Show your commitment to high standards and ethical compliance.
- Give you access to a growing and vibrant community of HR and L&D professionals, leading-edge resources and professional development tools.
CIPD membership has given me extra confidence. I have a source to make sure those skills are up-to-date and a peer group to 'swap notes'.
Kay Heald, Chartered FCIPD
I feel that being a CIPD professional member gives me the credibility required within my field, especially when dealing with senior stakeholders.
Symon Irving, Assoc CIPD
Resourcing Consultant, Advantage XPO
CIPD gives me credibility. Something to be proud of and sets the standard for progressing. It gives me a clear path in terms of how I can develop
Emma Vernon, Chartered MCIPD
HR Business Partner, APM Group
How do I progress from Affiliate to professional membership?
Choosing the right level of membership depends on where you are in your career and whether or not you wish to study a qualification.
Your options are:
- Study a relevant CIPD qualification and be awarded Associate membership on successful completion.
- Study an Advanced Diploma then upgrade to Chartered Member or higher with the right experience.
- Undergo Experience Assessment - a flexible and time-efficient route designed for busy professionals.
Study a CIPD qualification
Our qualifications are internationally recognised. They are relevant and practical and give you the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
Available at three levels: Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced, all our qualifications lead to Associate membership.
The CIPD Advanced Diploma leads to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow, providing you have the right level of experience.
Undergo Experience Assessment
Experience Assessment is our direct to professional membership. It includes a series of online assessments and a face-to-face discussion. You can work at your own pace and achieve professional membership within four months of starting.
Step 1: Start by checking your eligibility against our requirements for the level of membership you're interested in:
Step 2: Book your pre-assessment
If you think you're eligible book your FREE 30-minute pre-assessment discussion with one of our assessors to determine if this is the right route for you.