Below we have included some frequently asked questions regarding our renewals process. We hope you can find all of the information you are looking for.
The CIPD membership year is from 1 July - 30 June.
How much is it to renew my membership?
Annual membership fees 2018-19
- Student member: £95
- Associate / Academic Associate member: £159
- Chartered Member / Academic Member: £185
- Chartered Fellow / Academic Fellow: £210
- Chartered Companion: £210
- Affiliate member: £253
How do I pay for my membership?
The easiest way to pay your membership fee is online. If you haven't got an account, use your email address and membership number to easily set one up. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Services team on +44 (0) 20 8612 6242.
Membership fees are due by 1 July. As a member, we'll remind you closer to the time and update you with the information you need to renew your membership.
There are a number of ways you can pay your renewal fees, by direct debit offering annual or instalment options, or by credit or debit card. If you have already setup an annual direct debit, we’ll automatically collect fees on 1 July. If you’ve setup a direct debit to pay by instalment, we’ll update you with your payment schedule. If you’re based in the Eurozone, you can set up a Euro Direct Debit by completing the SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) form and emailing it to us.
Problems logging in?
If you already have a web account but have forgotten your password, you can reset your password here. If you have a web account, but have changed or forgotten the email address you used, please call us on +44 (0) 20 8612 6248 so we can quickly resolve the issue.
If you don’t have a web account, you can set up an account here using your membership number, date of birth and postcode (UK only).
How do I get an invoice?
Invoices can be accessed online. If you need to amend the invoice to include your organisation’s name (if they’re paying for your membership for example) you can do that once you’ve logged into your account. Simply select the latest invoice button, and then the alternative invoice button. Once you’ve completed the details, select generate invoice. If you haven't got an account, use your email address and membership number to easily set one up.
Can I get a receipt?
Once you’ve renewed your membership, you will receive your receipt by email. You can also download a copy of the receipt by logging into your account. If you haven't got an account, use your email address and membership number to easily set one up.
If you would like historical receipts, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6242.
When do I receive my membership card?
As a current member, your new membership card will be posted to you in June. If you haven’t received your card by the end of June 2018, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6242 and we can arrange a reprint for you.
Why should I renew?
There are many reasons to renew your membership.
- Having CIPD membership inspires confidence with employers, clients and peers, and helps to further your career.
- Save time researching and find answers to everyday HR/L&D issues affecting your organisation.
- Make use of our Career hub, My CPD Map and the Profession Map to help you with your career development.
- Retain access to exclusive networks, branch events, communities and confidential legal advice lines.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in HR and L&D with CIPD Update and People Management.
- Talk to virtual colleagues and find practical solutions to problems, and the issues affecting you.
- Get great discounts on practical online products like HR-inform, Future of HR and Learning, CIPD conferences, training and short courses and books.
If you held a previous membership with us, but this has now expired, you can re-join at any time. Simply call us on +44 (0) 20 8612 6208. We would love to welcome you back.
Support with fees or cancelling your membership
If you are struggling to pay your membership fees, you may be eligible for a reduced rate. You can find out about your eligibility or call us on +44 (0) 20 8612 6242. We can discuss your options with you.
We are, unfortunately, not able to put your membership on hold for any period of time. If you wish to cancel your membership, call us as soon as possible to let us know that you wish to resign. If you do not inform us of your intention to resign, you will continue to be contacted regarding the annual renewal.