Scottish Government response to the Apprenticeship Levy
Read CIPD Scotland's submission to the Scottish Government
This consultation asked for views on options for the use of funding from the forthcoming Apprenticeship Levy., due to be introduced in April 2017.
The consultation asked for responses to the following questions:
- Should the Government’s commitment to 30,000 Modern Apprenticeships starts a year by 2020 a) be maintained or b) be increased?
- Should Apprenticeship Levy funding support growth in the number of Graduate Level Apprenticeships in Scotland?
- Should Apprenticeship Levy funding be used to establish a flexible skills fund to support wider workforce development?
- Should Apprenticeship Levy funding be used to support the expansion of Foundation Apprenticeships?
- Should Apprenticeship Levy funding be used to help unemployed people move into employment, and to help meet the workforce needs of employers?
- Are there any additional suggestions on how Apprenticeship Levy funding might be used?
The Scottish Government issued its response to the consultation on 11 November 2016.
Explore our related content
Resources to help you understand the changes to apprenticeships and how they are funded
Read the CIPD's response to the Sub Committee on Education, Skills and the Economy Inquiry
Episode 111: We visit a group of apprentices to talk about their experiences of the programme and their aspirations, and chat to two HR professionals about how they develop and manage their apprenticeship schemes