Why are there so few women at the top?
Read the CIPD's submission to the Women and Equalities Select Committee
On 24 February 2016, the Women and Equalities Select Committee opened its investigation into what can be done to improve gender diversity in executive positions in the UK companies. It invited submissions addressing the following points:
- What definition should be used by both business and Government to monitor female participation in the executive layer?
- What is the current situation of women in senior roles / executive positions?
- What are the barriers to women achieving senior positions?
- What measures can companies take to increase the number of women in executive positions?
- What should the Government be doing to improve the situation?
- Should quotas be introduced?
Explore our related content
Explore HR practitioners’ perspectives on gender diversity in the boardroom
Examines four organisation-level factors that help to explain the current gender imbalance in management roles
Episode 104: Should businesses have mandatory quotas for women in senior positions? HR and diversity experts give their views on gender diversity, how far businesses have come and how far they have still to go.