More information on how the programme works and the benefits of taking part
We’re delighted that you are keen to take part in our free mentoring programme.
Before you register, we ask that you read the statements below to ensure you are eligible. We’d also like you to be sure you can commit to attending and engaging with your mentoring sessions to make sure they are as useful as possible for you, and respectful of your mentor’s time and efforts.
All mentoring sessions are held remotely, so do make sure all your contact details are kept up to date so that your mentor can contact you.
To be eligible you need to be:
- starting out in your career aged 18-24, or a parent or carer of any age looking to return to work
- currently unemployed (in some circumstances you may be in a temporary job whilst you seek to start your career)
- resident in the UK with the right to work.
We ask that you are:
- reliable and committed to attending sessions, at the agreed time
- open to developing skills
- motivated and willing to accept constructive feedback
- work ready, or ready for an employment alternative (for example, apprenticeship, traineeship, work placement)
- willing to dedicate time to follow up after sessions (for example, update CV, draft cover letter).