CIPD Learning & Development Show 2016: Helping L&D professionals drive growth through agile learning
The CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, has unveiled the conference programme for this year’s Learning & Development Show. The show will take place at London Olympia from 11 - 12 May 2016 and is being held in partnership with The Open University.
One of the leading events for L&D and HR professionals, this year’s show is based around driving growth through agile learning, and will focus on new ways of meeting the needs of both inpidual learners and the wider organisation. The two-day conference has 29 sessions, each belonging to one of five streams covering key areas of learning and development for 2016.
The five streams are:
- Leadership Development and Coaching – enhancing capability in your leaders and line managers to influence organisational culture and increase performance
- Includes: Developing and Empowering your Line Managers with speakers from Discovery Networks International and Canon UK
- Digital Learning – embedding digital learning and technology in your organisation in order to develop a more successful strategy and identifying the key tools to make learning more accessible and engaging
- Includes: Learning by Doing: motivating your learners through Gamification with speakers from McDonald’s Restaurants and E.ON
- Science of Learning – using a scientific approach to L&D to improve the effectiveness of your learning solutions, and understanding how people learn to improve business performance.
- Includes: Brain-friendly Learning: understanding how people learn to enhance L&D with speakers from Inspired Recovery and Think.Change
- Learning and Talent Development – building development strategies which add value to your organisation, and design effective learning solutions for your people
- Includes: Developing the Skills of the Next Generation with speakers from D&D London and Fujitsu
- Organisation Development – advance organisational learning and align your leadership, people and culture through new forms of change
- Includes: Removing Organisational Barriers to Empower your People with speakers from NHS Employers
Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning & Development at the CIPD, said: “With the world of work constantly changing and with more generations than ever in the labour market, the ways people learn are evolving as well. It’s crucial that L&D professionals respond to these changes by being creative and agile, designing programmes to flex and suit their inpidual workforces but also by keeping their own knowledge and skills up to date. This year’s L&D Show is designed to do just this, providing interesting and innovative content in order to help professionals design effective learning programmes that are tailored to learner needs, contribute to overall organisational growth and support L&D professionals’ own development.”
Ian Howell, Chief Operating Officer, Open University Worldwide, said: “We’re delighted to be joining the CIPD once again at their Learning & Development Show. Demands on the L&D profession are increasingly complex, and this year’s line-up reflects the need for professionals to stay ahead of the game and be responsive to learner requirements. The programme has been designed to be interactive and inclusive, enabling knowledge sharing and networking between delegates, as well as introducing a number of thought leaders to consider the latest thinking and trends. We look forward to discussing how organisations can successfully move to blended learning in our masterclass, and to welcoming visitors to our stand at the exhibition.”
Running alongside the conference, the free L&D Show Exhibition gives conference delegates and visitors the chance to explore and assess a wide variety of learning and development services and resources under one roof. Key suppliers will be covering the whole spectrum of L&D activity including technologies and innovation, talent development and coaching.
As well as on-stand activities, launches and previews, the exhibition features a free programme of half-hour sessions, providing further tips and insights from suppliers and the CIPD:
- Topic Taster sessions will give bite-sized updates on today’s L&D and OD issues and solutions. A new feature this year is Ignite Plus, covering L&D issues at the top of today’s business agenda. These lively five-minute presentations will see participants asking quick-fire questions to tap into cutting-edge ideas and developments.
- The Technology for Learning sessions give practical advice on the latest L&D technologies and innovations.
- An interactive Learning Arena puts the spotlight on innovative learning techniques. They will also host Speed Networking events, a fast and fun way to meet new contacts.
To find out more about the 2016 L&D Show and secure your place, visit www.cipd.co.uk/events/learning-development-show.To join in discussions before and during the event follow #cipdLDShow on Twitter.
If you wish to reproduce this press release in full on your website, please link back to the original source.