The CIPD’s research shows:
- a greater demand for increased business knowledge and commercial awareness
- growth in the use of technology and online learning
- increased requirements for analytical skills to effectively use information and metrics
- tensions in getting the best from traditional methods whilst pioneering innovations
- demands in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new insights, theories and technologies.
So how can L&D professionals stay at the forefront of practice and thinking?
The two most effective methods for professional development reported by L&D professionals are external conferences, workshops and events, and social and collaborative learning. For that reason, CIPD has launched and is expanding its innovative Leaders in Learning Network.
It has been great to welcome lots of new members to the Leaders in Learning network and we look forward to engaging with you in the future.
As David Hayden mentioned in the recent CIPD Learning cultures webinar, we are currently taking a breath and exploring how the network will evolve over the coming months and beyond.
So, with all that in mind we will be posting regular updates on our latest thoughts and events on this page and in the CIPD Leaders in Learning Network Linkedin group.
If you did miss the webinar here is the link to the recording: CIPD Coronavirus webinar series:
Learning cultures and the 2 reports highlighted during the webinar:
We are in the process of planning new events for the coming months and look forward to connecting with you all again.
What is the Leaders in Learning network and how will it benefit me?
The CIPD Leaders in Learning Network is an invitation-only group for those L&D professionals leading learning in their organisation or leading practice as a consultant.
The group runs free-to-attend events 3-4 times a year in various locations within the UK for CIPD members and non-members.
These events give leaders the opportunity to:
- network with other senior L&D leaders
- focus on a specific L&D theme, with input from a subject expert followed by peer discussion
- gain first-hand updates on CIPD research and initiatives
- hear short presentations from network members to showcase innovative practice
- socialise over food, wine and refreshments.
The network is consulted to shape the CIPD's L&D initiatives, and there are opportunities to take part in additional peer 'learning sets' and 'hackathons' to support thinking and innovation.
How do I join Leaders in Learning network?
If you can demonstrate that you're a leader in learning and would like to be part of the Network please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your role, organisation name and address, and some brief detail on how you're currently responsible for leading learning. Please note that we aim to respond within 48hrs.
The group is targeted at those in learning leadership roles, but if you don't fit this criteria and want to network with other L&D practitioners, stay informed on new developments and research within L&D and continue your own professional development, you'll find our Future of HR and Learning hub a great resource.
The Future of HR and Learning is a subscription-based hub of bite-sized digital content, curated by experts in the fields of HR and L&D. It's packed full of practical resources designed to support your CPD.
You can also stay connected by following us on Twitter #CIPDLiL where you will find blogs, information and insights from events.