L&D professionals face an exciting, but challenging future.
CIPD’s research shows a:
- Greater demand for increased business knowledge and commercial awareness
- Growth in the use of technology and online learning
- Increased requirements for analytical skills to effectively use information and metrics
- Tensions in getting the best from traditional methods whilst pioneering innovations
- Demands in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new insights, theories and technologies
So how can L&D professionals stay at the forefront of practice and thinking?
The two most effective methods for professional development reported by L&D professionals are external conferences, workshops and events and social and collaborative learning. For that reason CIPD has launched and is expanding its innovative Leaders in Learning network.