L&D professionals face an exciting, but challenging future.
The CIPD’s research shows:
- a greater demand for increased business knowledge and commercial awareness
- growth in the use of technology and online learning
- increased requirements for analytical skills to effectively use information and metrics
- tensions in getting the best from traditional methods whilst pioneering innovations
- demands in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new insights, theories and technologies.
So how can L&D professionals stay at the forefront of practice and thinking?
The two most effective methods for professional development reported by L&D professionals are external conferences, workshops and events, and social and collaborative learning. For that reason, CIPD has launched and is expanding its innovative Leaders in Learning network.
Is your organisation prepared for the future of learning?
Work is changing, customers and stakeholders are demanding more, and technology is disrupting the way organisations deliver services. The role of the L&D leader in business has never been more important, but it's a role that is changing rapidly.
During our Autumn 2017 events, we'll be drawing on the findings of the latest Towards Maturity report, which we're proud partners of. We'll explore:
- how we set L&D strategies to support the new learning organisation
- the implications for your L&D team: how do we get ready for the future?
- The implications for your business: how do we influence lasting change?
Autumn 2017 event dates
- London: Thursday 7 September
- Loughborough: Tuesday 12 September
- Norwich: Wednesday 25 October
- Milton Keynes: Tuesday 17 October
- Manchester: Tuesday 7 November
- Edinburgh: Thursday 16 November
To attend one of these invite-only events, please email email@example.com for more information. We hope to see you there!
What is the Leaders in Learning network and how will it benefit me?
Leaders in Learning is a free-to-attend network for L&D leaders. It's open to both CIPD members and non-members. The network meets three times a year in various locations in an evening format from 18:00-20:30 to:
- network with other senior L&D leaders
- focus on a specific L&D theme, with input from a subject expert followed by peer discussion
- gain first-hand updates on CIPD research and initiatives
- hear short presentations from network members to showcase innovative practice
- socialise over food, wine and refreshments.
The network is consulted to shape the CIPD's L&D initiatives, and there are opportunities to take part in additional peer 'learning sets' and 'hackathons' to support thinking and innovation.
How do I join Leaders in Learning network?
If you'd like to be a part of the CIPD’s Leaders in Learning Network please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your role and organisation.
We have a Leaders in Learning LinkedIn Group which you can apply to join by emailing email@example.com. We also have a Twitter hashtag which we use at our meetings: #CIPDLiL. Get in touch!