L&D professionals face an exciting, but challenging future.
The CIPD’s research shows:
- a greater demand for increased business knowledge and commercial awareness
- growth in the use of technology and online learning
- increased requirements for analytical skills to effectively use information and metrics
- tensions in getting the best from traditional methods whilst pioneering innovations
- demands in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new insights, theories and technologies.
So how can L&D professionals stay at the forefront of practice and thinking?
The two most effective methods for professional development reported by L&D professionals are external conferences, workshops and events, and social and collaborative learning. For that reason, CIPD has launched and is expanding its innovative Leaders in Learning network.
Is your organisation prepared for the future of learning?
Work is changing, customers and stakeholders are demanding more, and technology is disrupting the way organisations deliver services. The role of the L&D leader in business has never been more important, but it's a role that is changing rapidly.
During our Autumn 2017 events, we'll be drawing on the findings of the latest Towards Maturity report, which we're proud partners of. We'll explore:
- how we set L&D strategies to support the new learning organisation
- the implications for your L&D team: how do we get ready for the future?
- The implications for your business: how do we influence lasting change?
Autumn 2017 event dates
- London: Thursday 7 September
- Loughborough: Tuesday 12 September
- Norwich: Wednesday 25 October
- Milton Keynes: Tuesday 17 October
- Manchester: Tuesday 7 November
- Edinburgh: Thursday 16 November
To attend one of these invite-only events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We hope to see you there!