The CIPD’s research shows:
- a greater demand for increased business knowledge and commercial awareness
- growth in the use of technology and online learning
- increased requirements for analytical skills to effectively use information and metrics
- tensions in getting the best from traditional methods whilst pioneering innovations
- demands in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new insights, theories and technologies.
So how can L&D professionals stay at the forefront of evidence-based practice and thinking?
Some of you may be familiar with our previous Leaders in Learning network. We took some time in 2020 to work out how to maximise the opportunities for this network. We're expanding this and renaming it the ‘Leading in Learning’ Network.
In addition, we will be aligning our activity to our evidence-based L&D practice podcasts.
Latest news and events
CIPD L&D podcasts and webcasts
We will be producing four CIPD learning evidence-based focused podcasts for 2021
- Evidence based L&D – March 2021
- The results of the CIPD L&D Skills Survey 2021 – June 2021
- Impact, engagement and transfer – September 2021
- Learning theories for the workplace – December 2021
We're excited to announce that we will be undertaking a follow-up web session on each of the podcasts. The first will be at 9:30am on 15 April however it is limited to just 300 places so book early to avoid disappointment.
(if for whatever reason once you have booked and you find you cannot attend, please let us know so we can re-allocate your place)
What is the Leading in Learning Network and how will it benefit me?
The CIPD Leading in Learning Network is a community for L&D professionals looking to evolve their practice and embracing research outputs.
The group will have three web sessions in 2021 and one planned in January 2022. These are free-to-attend events and are for CIPD members and non-members.
These web sessions give you the opportunity to:
- carry on the conversation from the CIPD learning podcast
- focus on a specific L&D theme, with input from subject experts and an opportunity to share your insights
- gain first-hand updates on CIPD research and initiatives
- explore your L&D network through #CIPDLiL and our LinkedIn Group as well as the CIPD Community pages
The network is consulted to shape the CIPD's L&D initiatives, and there are opportunities to take part in additional peer 'learning sets' and our research to support thinking and innovation.
Our previous leading in learning group did have face-to-face sessions. Owing to COVID-19 these have had to be postponed. We will be reviewing how we approach face-to-face events once we are able to undertake this safely.
How do I join the Leading in Learning Network?
If you want to be part of our Leading in Learning Network please email us at email@example.com confirming your role, organisation name and address, and some brief detail on how you are currently responsible for leading learning within your context. Please note that we aim to respond within 48 hours.
Our Leading in Learning community group on LinkedIn can be found here CIPD Leading in Learning Network.
You can also follow the #CIPDLiL hashtag on Twitter.
This group is open to those working as practitioners in-house and those working as independent consultants and for those looking to enhance their own professional development.