Shape your future career
Student Membership shows you’re committed to your professional future. It gives you the strength of CIPD support for your study success, and works with CIPD qualifications to put you on the path to professional recognition.
As a Student Member, you’ll be equipped for study success. You’ll benefit from professional content, study guides, and tips for your assessments. You’ll be part of the CIPD community where you can network and learn from the experience of senior professionals, as well as connect with fellow Student Members for friendly support.
This grade could be for you if …
- you’re currently studying or are about to study a CIPD qualification
- you may be looking for your first role in the people profession, or you could already be working within a people team
- you could be working full or part-time alongside your studies
When you complete your studies, you’ll become a Foundation Member or Associate Member.
What people say about being a Student Member
The wide range of practical and relevant resources available through CIPD membership has made preparing for assignments easy to embed into my routine and ensures that I stay sharp and connected.
Miranda, Student Member
The CIPD resources on the website have been really helpful in supporting my studies and my work.
Lewis, Student Member
Member benefits to support you
As a Student Member you’re equipped for future success. You’ll benefit from effective support for your studies, powerful career advice, opportunities to network with senior professionals and valuable discounts on learning resources. Take a look at some key benefits for Student Members.
Start building the professional abilities and sought-after skills that today’s employers are looking for
If you've already enrolled for a CIPD qualification please use the same email address when you join, so you can access all of your Student Member benefits straight away
We offer a raft of qualifications to support your career ambitions and help you get a head start in the people profession
Student Member fees
Enjoy a 40% discount on the Associate Member fees and join Student Membership online today. You must enrol on your qualification within nine months of becoming a Student Member.
|Study a qualification route||Fee|
|Qualification fee||Set by individual study centres|
|12-month Student Member fee*||£98|
|Total||Qualification fee and £138|
You can pay by card or through direct debit instalments, and you’ll need to renew your membership annually on 1 July. We’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due.
* Depending on when you join in the year, we offer different membership fee options.
Not sure if becoming a Student Member is right for you?
You may also be interested in
- Our official Student membership brochure
- Membership terms and conditions
- More about careers in the people profession
- Registering your pre-2021 Award qualification obtained through a centre? Complete the Award registration form.
- All Student Members need to be committed to their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and comply with our Code of Professional Conduct