Raise your profile and credibility further
Upgrading your CIPD membership is straightforward and rewarding and will enable you to:
- Raise your profile further with international recognition (professional designations include Foundation CIPD, Assoc CIPD, Chartered MCIPD and Chartered FCIPD).
- Boost your career prospects and earning potential.
- Be recognised for your level of knowledge and capability.
- Enhance your credibility, relevance and professionalism in a competitive market.
How to upgrade your membership
If you’re a current Student Member, we’ll automatically upgrade your membership once you finish your studies. You’ll be awarded either Foundation or Associate Member grade, depending on your qualification.
Here are your options for upgrading your membership, depending on which grade and qualification you hold:
Upgrading assessment route
- It's for current Associate Members who hold a CIPD Advanced Diploma | It's for current Chartered Members.
- It involves completing the relevant upgrading assessment.
- It can take under a month.
Experience Assessment route
- It's for current Foundation Members | It’s for current Associate Members who do not hold a CIPD Advanced Diploma.
- It involves completing a series of online assessments and a professional discussion with an experienced assessor.
- It can take as little as four months.
If you're unsure which grade and qualification you currently hold, give us a call: +44 (0)20 8612 6208.