Raise your profile and credibility further
Upgrading your CIPD membership is straightforward and rewarding and will enable you to:
- Raise your profile further with international recognition (professional designations include Assoc CIPD, Chartered MCIPD and Chartered FCIPD).
- Boost your career prospects and earning potential.
- Be recognised for your level of knowledge and capability.
- Enhance your credibility, relevance and professionalism in a competitive market.
Which upgrading option is right for me?
Use our tool to help you find out what's the best way to get to the next membership grade. Based on your answers, this quick and easy tool will display the most relevant option for you.
Membership upgrading - your options
There are two options for you to upgrade your membership:
- It's for current Student members | It's for current Associate members who hold a CIPD Advanced Diploma | It's for Current Chartered Members.
- It involves completing the relevant upgrading assessment, except for Student members who upgrade to Associate upon successful completion of Certificate or Diploma qualification.
- It can take under a month.
Experience Assessment route
- It's for current Associate members who do not hold a CIPD Advanced Diploma | It's for people professionals who have at least one year’s experience and prefer a non-study option.
- It involves completing a series of online assessments and a professional discussion with an experienced assessor.
- It can take as little as four months.
If you're unsure which grade and qualification you currently hold, give us a call: +44 (0)20 8612 6208.